Sunday 26 August 2012

The Social Media and You - Guluma Joint

Recently the death of Cynthia Osokogu has prompted so much about the use of the social media. Facebook, 2go, Eskimi and Badoo are among the most frequently used social media in Nigeia and people have been using it to lure unsuspecting members of the public into atrocities they never bargained for and this has raised a lot of dust about how safe it is for one to still subscribe or even even remain in them.

APART from what some evil-minded people are using these media for, the intent for these media has been quite different from these.



Talking from my own experience, social media has been a source of company for me, it keeps me informed and it keeps me indoors. There is this advice I have to give however, don't divulge all about yourself on the internet, be reserved. There are rooms for you to visit and when you find out that some messages you are receiving are not good for you, why not  just remove yourself from that room or better still unsubscribe.

You are not glued to them my dear, u have the option to chat with any person and or accept any as friends!

I rest my case with this admonition from the Bible:...'Be wise as the serpent'.

No comments:

Post a Comment